Adriana Andrade, MD, MPH
Assistant Professor of Medicine
- Co-chair, ACTG 5350
- Vice-chair ACTG 5352s
- Chair, ACTG 5248
- Protocol Pharmacologist, ACTG 5241
- Member, Neurology and ARTs Committees
- Member, Clinical Pharmacology Advisory Group
- Member, Monoclonal Antibodies Working Group, Adherence Working Group, and Microbiome Focus Group
- Investigator, End-Organ Disease/Inflammation Transformative Science Group (Dec 2015)
- Investigator, Antiretroviral Therapy Strategies Subcommittee (Dec 2015-17)
- Investigator, Study Monitoring Committee of the Antiretroviral Strategies Subcommittee of the SASC (Aug 2016-18)
- Member, ACTG Mental Health Working Group of the WHISC (Jul 2015-17)
- Member, NASH Focus Group of the ITSG/HEPTSG (Apr 2016)
- Andrade ASA, McGruder HF, Wu AW, Celano AC, Skolasky RLJr, Selnes OA, Huang IC, McArthur JC. A programmable device improves adherence to highly antiretroviral therapy in HIV-infected subjects with memory impairment. Clinical Infectious Disease 2005;41:875- 882.
- Wu AW, Snyder CF, Davis HF, Celano SA, Skolasky RL, Selnes OA, Andrade ASA. A randomized trial of the impact of a programmable medication reminder device on quality of life in patients with AIDS. AIDS Patient Care and STD 2006; 20:773-81.
- Adriana AS, Hendrix C, Parsons TL, Caballero BH, Yuan CS, Flexner C, Dobs AS, Brown TT. Pharmacokinetic and Metabolic Effects of American Ginseng (Panax quinquefolius) in Healthy Volunteers Receiving the HIV Protease Inhibitor Indinavir. BMC Complementary and Alternative Medicine. 200819;8:50.
- Andrade AS, Deutsch R, A Celano S, Duarte NA, Marcotte TD, Umlauf A, Atkinson JH, McCutchan JA, Franklin D, Alexander TJ, McArthur JC, Marra C, Grant I, Collier AC. Relationships among neurocognitive status, medication adherence measured by pharmacy refill records, and virologic suppression in HIV-infected persons. J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr. 2013;62:282-92.
- Andrade A, Rosenkranz SL, Cillo AR, Lu D, Daar ES, Jacobson JM, Lederman M, Acostga EP, Campbell T, Feinberg J, Flexner C, Mellors JW, Kuritzkes DR. Three Distinct Phases of HIV-1 RNA Decay in Treatment-Naive Patients Receiving Raltegravir-Based Antiretroviral Therapy: ACTG A5248. J Infect Dis. 2013;208:884-91.
- Funderburg NT, Andrade A, Chan ES, Rosenkranz SL, Lu D, Clagett B, Pilch-Cooper HA, Rodriguez B, Feinberg J, Daar E, Mellors J, Kuritzkes D, Jacobson JM, Lederman MM. Dynamics of immune reconstitution and activation markers in HIV+ treatment-naïve patients treated with raltegravir, tenofovir disoproxil fumarate and emtricitabine. PLOS ONE. December 2013.
- Spivak A, Andrade A, Eisele E, Hoh R, Bacchetti P, Bumpus NN, Emad F, Buckheit R, McCance-Katz EF, Lai J, Kennedy M, Chande G, Siliciano RF, Siliciano JD, Deeks SG. A Pilot Study Assessing the Safety and Latency Reversing Activity of Disulfiram in HIV-1- Infected Adults on Antiretroviral Therapy. Clin Infect Dis. 2014;58:883-90 (First Co- Author).
- Havers F, Smeaton L, Detrick B, Gupte N, Bollinger R, Hakim J, Kumarasamy N, Andrade A, Christian P, Lama J, Campbell T, Gupta A. Vitamin D insufficiency and deficiency is associated with HIV progression and death after antiretroviral initiation in resource-limited settings. Accepted, JID, April 2014.